Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Apparent Age: 20
Clan: Toreador
Health:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue7/7Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue6/11Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue10/10Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Preparing for a masquerade  Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for a masquerade    Preparing for a masquerade  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 2:52 pm

Early one evening, not long after the sun has set, Eveline leaves her new home hoping to find a number of things from its still secret stores. She had thought of asking Ludecke to accompany her, but decided she wants to surprise him instead.

Heading for the part of town where most stores lie cramped together, she scans each and every building up and down, still quite new to this lovely town. Her first stop is a dress store, and by the name of
it, "Garcia's dresses and tailoring", Eveline sighs in relief knowing she might not have to settle for something off the rack. While not rich in any way, she had saved quite a sum before leaving for her new country (most meant to go to an establishment of sorts, but the masquerade feels like an important enough occasion), so a tailored dress won't be too much to expect for the night in question. As long as the tailor can make the alterations in time, of course. She hopes she can convince him to make the effort, and snickers.

A small bell gives her entrance away, and she quickly sees a head pop up over a counter at the far end. A diminutive older man shuffles past the counter and over to Eveline. A head shorter than her, she gets the chance to be the one looking down for once. He smiles and asks:

"Now what could I ever get for such a pretty little lady?", his tone implying her beauty far surpasses his craftsmanship. It is merely pleasantries, but she likes it nevertheless.

"Well, you see, I need a dress for a rather special party, and merely by the looks from your window exhibits, I am convinced you are the man for the task. I can't wear just about anything, though, so I'd probably need to make a number of adjustments. Nothing you won't find doable, of that I'm sure." Eveline starts perusing his store, noticing he immediately begins eyeing her, clearly taking skilled mental measurements without even thinking about it.

She points to different parts of different dresses she likes, mentioning the adjustments they'd still require as she goes. Not a tailor herself, she still knows what she wants and how to describe it.
The tailor, mister Garcia, follows her closely, nodding approvingly at some of her requests, and at others seeming rather baffled or even strangely curious. At the more alien ideas, he asks many questions, not dismissing them at all, and making sure Eveline understands the limitations of the craft.

They go back and forth for a while, finally landing on a design she seems very happy with. And then, to the matter of time not being altogether on their side, he frowns with a serious look, clearly questioning if that's even nearly enough time, given all his other commitments.

Eveline then looks him in his eyes, putting one hand on his and (activates Awe: 4 successess) implores him to help her:

"When I saw your dresses in the window, I knew it had to be you creating my vision. You do not know me yet, but believe me when I say that I will become a woman of great importance in this town. So imagine what it would mean for your own reputation if I'd only use dresses made by you."

She sees it in his eyes, spreading quickly over his face - his own will's capitulation, defenseless against her seductive attack.
"Forgive me, I....of course! I didn't realise how urgent it was. The others surely wouldn't mind if I tend to the plights of such a beautiful young woman before finishing their orders. How could they not?" This time his complement is no longer mere pleasantries - his devotion is hers.

Knowing her "effect" on him will wear off, she makes sure they write down a receipt, with a set sum and date for pick-up. When finished she gives him a genuine look of thankfulness, kissing his cheeks three times before turning around and go. She stops suddenly, remembering:

"Do you happen to know where I can find masks? Appropriate for finer parties?"

He thinks for a moment, blurting out many words at the same time - regains some semblance of focus - and then tells her there is another tailor down the street who also carries masks.
Eveline thanks him with a blown kiss and a twittering "au revoir".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She concludes her business there relatively quickly, immediately spotting the mask she wants. It is the strangest mask she has ever seen. Eveline approaches the wall carrying it (and many more masks, but they might as well not exist as far as Eveline is concerned) almost entranced. It hangs on the wall behind the shopkeeper's counter, so she stops there, never letting her eyes off this wonderous thing.

The shopkeeper, a somewhat hunched man in his early forties, approaches Eveline, trying to catch her attention. It is not until he stands right next to her and taps her on her shoulder that she snaps out of it.

"Forgive me, I did not mean to startle you, miss." He follows her gaze and adds "I see you have found one of my latest additions". She looks at him, saying nothing, her expression still revealing so much more than paultry words could begin to describe. While deeply taken by her reaction, he goes past her, around the counter and takes the mask from its place. Slowly approaching her again, he offers her the mask to hold and says:

"Before you ask - yes, you can see through it. It merely gives the illusion of being a blind mask." He pauses for a couple of seconds and asks "Will you try it on?"

Eveline finally talks. "Yes. Yes, I believe I must." Had she breathed, she'd taken a deep breath at this moment, but then she puts it on. She realises you can indeed see without much problem, as the intricate brasslike details blur this close before her eyes.

The man attending the store helps her to fasten it around her head and then shows her to a large mirror.

Eveline feels herself starting to lose to the mask, but pulls together.

"I...I need it." she states calmly.

He smiles, saying "You have an intriguing taste, miss." Allowing himself to correct her hair some, he adds "I'd be happy to lend it to you for a night, and should you like it, you can purchase it when you return it. What do you say?"

"That sounds great. Thank you." Her voice is still - some might describe it as devoid of emotion, but they would never feel as Eveline can - and she removes the mask, almost with great difficulty.

The shopkeeper packs it up in a fine bag and finally introduces himself as Jacques. Eveline answers.

Outside again, Eveline starts reclaiming herself, becoming more and more excited as her steps steer towards her home. Halfway she stops, though, and changes direction. Moving again, she is soon at Ludecke's door, knocking eagerly.

Preparing for a masquerade  Il_794xN.2290746198_l1el

Last edited by Eveline Garnier on Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
For successfully running a complete Chronicle
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue7/7Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue10/10Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for a masquerade    Preparing for a masquerade  EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 3:07 pm

A woman opens the door, she seems the average woman, however she is nicely dressed, in a comfortable manner.

"Yes miss? How can I help you?" the woman smiles friendly, however soon the smile becomes filled with excitement instead. "Wait... You must be Miss Garnier! Please come in, Ludecke said you might come by. Oh sorry, I mean, the Primogen said you might come by. He is busy unfortunately, not to be disturbed by any means, but he told us to make sure everything ran smoothly in the meantime."

"I must say, the boys did not lie, you are a beauty, I am sure you have men fawning over you. Do you need anything? I'll do what I can to help!"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Apparent Age: 20
Clan: Toreador
Health:
Blood points:
Preparing for a masquerade  Left_bar_bleue6/11Preparing for a masquerade  Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for a masquerade    Preparing for a masquerade  EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Eveline smiles widely at the greeting, and almost as a response (albeit impossible to notice) she senses the nice maid's aura (Sense aura 3 successes). 

She smiles widely at the compliment, but can't help the sting of disappointment as she learns she will not get to meet with her Primogen. 

"Thank you, dear! I really had hoped to speak to the Primogen,  but I understand he must be awfully busy. You can just tell him I came by to show him this magnificent mask I found." 

At this Eveline adorns a somewhat mischievous smile, but then bids the maid adieau and turns to leave.

Last edited by Eveline Garnier on Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
For successfully running a complete Chronicle
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for a masquerade    Preparing for a masquerade  EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 3:58 pm

Eveline can clearly see the pale blotches in the aura, indicating this is a ghoul. The vermilion aura tells you she is happy, and the streaks of violet and rose within it tells you she is also feeling a bit excited and generous. You can in fact not find a single negative feeling in that aura, it is an ideal aura for many in fact.

"Very well then miss, I'll let him know. I hope you have a nice night!" She says in a chipper voice while holding the door for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for a masquerade    Preparing for a masquerade  Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing for a masquerade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Les Escaldes :: Les Escaldes (the city) :: Placa de Lalin-
Jump to: