Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Apparent Age: 17
Clan: Nosferatu
Health:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue7/7Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue7/11Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (7/11)
Willpower:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue3/3Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Searching the woods Empty
PostSubject: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 9:53 pm

It is well into the night when Ysabel wanders deeper into the forest than she usually does, past all familiar burrows and hiding places to where the walking trails are far between and the ground uneven. She is not in a hurry; her eyes do not see in the darkness and she manages mostly by her other senses as well as her knowledge of these woods from her human days. Then too, she had spent some time walking, especially in the spring when the blossoms were fragrant. It saddened her that she would never see their full colour again.

She is wearing her usual cloak, buty the hood is not up, nor does she disguise herself. She moves fairly quietly, but not with the aid of arcane powers. Now and then she stops, listening, and deliberately leaves a clear track of her passing such as a broken twig or a deep footprint. To a good tracker, it should be apparent that those trails are left on purpose, as she otherwise knows how to move discreetly. She is in no hurry, sick-sacking through the area to cover ground, as she has no idea where to start looking. She does also keep an eye out for any recongizeable markings that this is the territory of a big predator.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
For successfully running a complete Chronicle
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue10/10Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue10/10Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 8:01 pm

Ysabel walks for a very long time, perhaps wondering if she is in the wrong part of the woods? Animals are sometimes heard, and when noticing you they run away or takes flight. Then there is that uncertainty of what she is in fact searching for? A Gangrel commonly has three shapes after all, two of them animal shapes. They are beasts, nightly predators stalking their territory, at least that is what she has heard of them.

Suddenly, she feels a calm, the woods around her seems still, yet full of life, reminding her of the beauty God has created. She hears the song of nightly birds, and flapping of white wings nearby seems to reflect the moonlight. The peace, the serenity, affects her very mood, and she feels no need to fear, no fight, not even the animals lurking in the shadows seems a threat, and neither do they seem to fear her. A boar runs out of the bushes, seemingly playing with a squirrel, and yes, it is a play, not a fight. Here, the peace of God and his angels seems strong.

Another animal approaches, a big one this time, you hear it before seeing its shape, yet you feel no need to be alarmed. Out from the forestry a big red stag walks out, watching you, standing almost impossibly still. The sense of peace seems to emanate from the stag, there is almost something divine to it, as if touched by angels.

Searching the woods 1d8dc463ba10a954dc3e35d907cce05b
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Searching the woods Left_bar_bleue7/11Searching the woods Empty_bar_bleue  (7/11)
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyWed May 03, 2023 9:34 pm

She blinks slowly, taking in the calm and the beauty. Not resentful, or even wistful as many other Nosferatu when facing beauty, but finding pure joy in the experience. That despite what had happened to her, what she now knew of the world, this was possible. Slowly, she begins to smile. It looks strange with her malformed lip, almost like an animal smiling. The teeth revealed look like normal human teeth, though. She keeps her fangs sheathed unless needed.

When the stag appears, her eyes widen in surprise. At first, it does not even occur to her, despite her reason for being here, that it could be anything other than a normal animal. She has not seen one up close like this before. It is indeed majestic. After a few moments, it occurs to her that she has no way of knowing. Either way, she will show the animal courtousness. She is, after all, on its territory.

"Hello, you. This is a nice home you have." She speaks the words in a serious voice.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyThu May 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Searching the woods 1d8dc463ba10a954dc3e35d907cce05bThe stag looks at you for a moment, then it starts gesturing, talking to you, through Animalism. First it makes a slight bow of the head, usually it would be threatening from a stag, but you understand it is using the human version of a greeting. Not all words are possible to say in Stag language, however the blanks are quickly filled in through context, and unlike most animals, this one is clearly more accustomed to speaking than normal deers. This must be the Gangrel.

Why are you here? It is far from your usual travels. Do you need help?
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyThu May 04, 2023 10:02 pm

At first, as words of a sort begin to form in her mind, she thinks is a regular stag. Even rats, after all, can converse in rudimentary ways. Is it a friend of the Gangrel? It takes a moment for the words to make sense. The the remark about her being far from her usual pathways. That is spoken by someone who knows who she is. Surely not a regular stag. It would not know these things.

"No." She shakes her head. "I do not need help. I came out of curiosity, to meet you. And to ask you if I might sometimes also wander these woods." She looks around, still smiling. "I like it in the forest. I gives me a rare bit of peace of mind." She ponders silently for a few moments, before adding: "Also, I do not care for rumours. I like to make up my own mind about things. I understand that you might think me a rival. But I do not wish to be."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptySun May 07, 2023 8:00 pm

Searching the woods 1d8dc463ba10a954dc3e35d907cce05bHe stands silent for a moment and then looks around a bit before turning to you again.

You are young and weak. You should not walk into danger.

Turning to look further up towards the mountains in the north he stomps his hoof.

Wolves hunt there. Go no further than this.

Then he turns again, looking east, then south-west, as if deciding what to do.

Come.

Surprisingly he bends his legs to lie down and swings his head towards his back. The language is clear, he wants you to sit on his back.
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:57 pm

She nods at his assertion about wolves. "Yes, I know. I do not seek the wolves. Nor a fight, with them or anyone else, unless necessary."

The comment about her being young and weak said something about the Gangrel's age. Compared to him, it must be true. But for a young one, she was not that weak. She had seen the need to defend herself and her flock early on, knowing other vampires might begrudge her her human friends.

She nods again, preparing to walk in the direction indicated. Then the stag crounches and she frowns, confused. It takes a few moments for her to catch on. Despite the strangeless she had already accepted of being a vampire, of vampires turning into animals, this seemed exceedingly awkward. Not only was it a very strange closeness to have with another being that talked, it was long since she last sat on horseback. She remembered little of the skill and hoped that she would be able to hold on.

She slowly approaches and climbs up with a bit less grace that she had hoped, grabbing fistfuls of fur to hold on to and hugging both flanks with her legs. "Thank you," she murmurs.

Last edited by Ysabel on Sun May 14, 2023 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyWed May 10, 2023 3:08 pm

Searching the woods 1d8dc463ba10a954dc3e35d907cce05bIf Ysabel has ever seen a dear head up close, perhaps one hunters brings home, she knows the horns are usually slightly dulled at the ends. These ones aren't, they are very sharp, and most probably a formidable weapon due to that.

However, he stands up, and as he starts running she soon notices she need to better her grip and hold on, perhaps even holding onto the base of the crown on his head. His pace quickens soon enough, going faster and faster until she can barely see their surroundings, at times he takes leaps which shouldn't be possible in order to get from one cliff to another. Despite the terrifying prospect of falling off grows greater at these speeds, he seems perfectly able to compensate for any imbalance caused.

Knowing a thing or two about vampiric powers, Ysabel might realise that this Gangrel has mastered both Celerity and Potence to be able to do this. Gangrel doesn't learn these as easily as Fortitude, still, it is not impossible. What is more noteworthy is the fact that running with Celerity like this, must take a lot of blood...

It doesn't take long before he stops, having come over a mountain range to the west, and having grown up in Andorra you realise that you are looking down into the long valley of Ordino, seeing some lights from the city at the south end of it. He looks to a wilder area, on the north part of the mountain range you are on. The cliffs around it makes the wild valley hard to get to, but from up here, you can clearly see the vegetation in it.

Not food. He signals. Safe, for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptySun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Although she had expected the stag to run - why else carry her on his back unless he wanted to move fast? - she was still not prepared for the speed. She quickly had to abandon all notions of staying unobtrusive, clenching her knees tight against the stag's sides, hunching forwards and grabbing the horns for support. If she fell, she would hurt herself quite badly on the rocks. 

She has no grasp of their surroundings, so even though she knows Andorra quite well, she cannot even guess where it is they are going no, direction a blur. After what seems to her as much longer than it probably is, due to the acute discomfort of the ride, suddenly they slow down. She lefts go of the horns and straightens herself up, trying to regain some of her dignity. She looks around, getting her bearings again. Ordino. Mountains. Lush forest.

"I've been to Ordino many times, but I never noticed that small valley. You cannot see if from the village. But that is kind of the point, I suppose?" She starts making calculations in her head on how to get there safely, not using the rocky mountainous path the just came on, avoiding the area he had warned off. She should be able to come here from the village itself. 

She slides down to the ground. "What do you want me to call you?" It would feel weird leaving this encounter without so much as a first name. "I'm Ysabel. But I suspect you know that already."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptySun May 21, 2023 1:48 pm

Searching the woods Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8efThe stag suddenly morphs into a man, his clothes are torn and old, but otherwise very clean. A woolly jumper, made in brown and gray, hangs from his shoulders. It is a bit too big for him. His pants however, are slightly too small, making them tighter and shorter than the sturdy and practical pants they once were. His feet are bare. It she looks closely she might notice a bulge under his wily bangs, it seems to be made of bone?

"Ramon." He replies, bluntly, his Catalan perfectly spoken. "I wanted to show you more, but I understand, note everyone likes to run the way I do. There is another valley like than one, in the domain which is officially Ludecke's, but we have an agreement, it is far away from his city anyway. To the west are more werewolves in the north mountain range. And I assume you know the Sabbat has claimed most of the mountains in Spain. Though they do not check every village."

He looks out over the mountains as he speaks, seeming to not think too much of any of it, but then his face takes on a more serious outlook. "You need to come to terms with what you are, your fear of it hurts those you care about, and who cares for you. There might not always be someone there to help them."
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyWed May 24, 2023 10:05 pm

She smiles as he appears as a man suddenly and nods gravely in greeting at his name. "Nice to meet you, Ramon. And thank you for showing me the unseen boundaries between places. It is good to know. I have stayed close to home for a long time to avoid conflict. But even in Canilo, it will not always be quiet will it?"

At the mention of the Sabbat, her face turns grim. "And not just the mountains, either. It is one of the reasons that I want to move around a bit more. To help keep an eye out. If they should attempt further expansion this way. I realize you already have your eyes out and about, but more eyes are better."

The unexpected change of subject to something more personal makes her start, guilt washing over her face. Was it true? Was she more burden than help, despite her best efforts to protect and help her friends in return for their aid?

"I... do you mean that someone might hurt them to get to me? I've made a point of never giving anyone around here a reason to want to get to me. I have nothing any Kindred value." Her eyes wander to the sky, as if seeking comfort from there. "How does one face what one is without losing everything one was?" she replies quietly.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyWed May 24, 2023 11:13 pm

Searching the woods Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"By realising everything one was is still there. We have gained abilities you might see as monstrous, but you can find value in them. You specifically need to see the value in the bite. Many see it as a useful tool to feed, but it can also be a mercy. It can be painless and with a lick no wound is left behind, no scars, no risk of infection. The pleasure you may find in it, is only dangerous if you've let yourself get too hungry. Dare to use it."

He turns his head and looks at you. "I notice things. Some see us as wolves in sheep's clothing, I believe you can let the sheep take charge, with the wolf's strength. You have potential Ysabel, and perhaps one night you'll be ready for something greater. First you need to separate what rules are made from fear, rather than compassion and love."

Looking back out he adds. "I'd try not to agitate the Sabbat here. They are not like the usual travelling packs, attacking humans wherever they go. Some of these are old and powerful, the balance of power here keeps the peace. No one wants to attack the other, the losses would be too great, the risks too high. Though they do the occasional raid it is half hearted, it is as if they want to remind us of their presence, or just keep up appearances. It is a smart setup I must say, to gain what they really want."
Back to top Go down
Ysabel
Neonate
Neonate
Ysabel

Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 6:11 pm

She shrinks down a bit at the admonishment, hanging her head in shame.

"I know it heals wounds. I have practiced for years now on my control over the hunger. It is as you say; eating frequently makes it easy. Yet, the hunger if a powerful thing. I must have a great control over myself before I would risk the life of one I love, even though the risk is small, it must be lesser yet. Do you have any advice on how to practice self control that I can be the master of the beast at every turn? I do strive to be able to use the bite in the future, for their sake."

She shivers at the mention of the power of the neighbour Sabbat. "What is it that the really want?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 2:08 pm

Searching the woods Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"It is better for you not to know. To keep safe." He responds bluntly. "As for your self control, there is a beast in the woods, it is hard to find, but if your need is great it might find you. Let it get close, tell it what you need, and it will help you. Don't worry, it won't hurt you, as long as you don't hurt its home."

"I'll show you back, it is getting late and it takes a while on foot."
He turns around, starting to walk down, through the forests on the stone-filled mountainside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching the woods   Searching the woods Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching the woods
Page 1 of 1