Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Apparent Age: 20
Clan: Malkavian
Health:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue7/7Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue10/20Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue9/9Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Sarai searching for Magic Empty
PostSubject: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 11:45 am

Sarai had a plan, it's a big plan, considering many factors.

First off, she was going to map out the magical currents in Canillo, no small feat.
Secondly, she wanted to do this without anyone knowing, and also she didn't want the Nosferatu to know she was in their area at all, (to avoid questions)
Thirdly. The reasons why, and the methods thereof.
She wanted to find, if possible any trace of the kine who eluded the Prince, if they had supernatural powers, chances were she might sense something, with a bit of luck (which she granted herself each night 5 successes), she still couldn't sense magical energies of a person, but a place or item was possible.

She adopted a persona (2 successes) to use during evenings in the cities. A slightly older woman "Marie", a poor woman, and who would visit households during early to late evenings "gifting" wildflowers, in exchange for whatever money the household could offer. This was just a way to get around with an excuse, and was far better than to make up specific lies for everyone she came across. Also, she could, perhaps be persuaded to actually put a blessing on a household, if she found a compelling reason, for a few of them, she did (1 day, small gain), it was nothing too big, but perhaps it would play out as finding a new (desperately needed) job, or a day of reprieve from whatever trials they faced.

The flowers she picked in the wilds (2 successes), during the late night when she also did her hunting, there was never going to be any secrecy of her passing if she had to compensate for all her blood use through feeding on kine, and specifically so in Canillo city which the Nosferatu had "claimed", so hunting season was on. It was a massive undertaking, and so she would have to organize a few hunts to keep her blood flow up.

She had thought things through though, just in case anyone caught her, the "real" reason she was snooping around was to find the Kine, (which she couldn't tell anyone), this way she would never have to divulge to anyone what her actual goal was. And finding the magical places was just a matter of time. If the Nosferatu found her, they would believe such a thing, why not? She might not pretend to be a flower girl very well, but she can lie well enough to hide the real truth.

Once she found a trace of something, a magical place, she would note it down, and search it out mor thoroughly after she had searched the Canillo area.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
For successfully running a complete Chronicle
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue7/7Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue10/10Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue10/10Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 10:16 pm

Looking through Canillo she notices a few things magic-wise. First of all, an actual ley-line seems to cut through the province, from north-west of the city Canillo, straight through it, to the border south-east of it. It is spiritual in nature she believes, and doesn't seem attributed to any kind of magic she knows of. Secondly, she notices that the wilds are filled with vampirical magic of some kind, however there is a strange feeling to it, it feels less cursed than it usually does.

There is no surprise that she can sense vampirical use of magic in the city Canillo, or in Soldeau, as she knows them to be home to other kindred. However, throughout all cities in the province, especially Canillo and El Tarter, she notices the richer areas seems to have spots of magic by several of the houses. In Canillo it could be attributed to the Nosferatu, but they seem to stay there, and your clan-friend keeps to the poor as far as you understand. Or perhaps he feeds on the rich? Like some kind of blood-version of Robin Hood?

A more worrying find is that in Meritxell, the Priest's house also has some magic to it; divine magic. Whether it is holy ground or emanating from holy objects she knows a vampire with Auspex would probably stay away instinctively. Perhaps this is a priest she shouldn't mess with? He wasn't on the list at least.

During her little tour she notices a strange little pattern though. Inconspicous livings, not too rich, not to poor, just in the middle for each area, she encounters a familiar name. She wouldn't even have thought of it first, but was lucky enough to hear people talking about their neighbour; Mister Rosa. Could it be Fransesc Rosa? The homes doesn't show any name, but after encountering it the first time she keeps her ears open, and finds one home in Canillo, one in El Tarter and one in Soldeau.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue10/20Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Sarai searching for Magic Left_bar_bleue9/9Sarai searching for Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 10:42 pm

Well it's good to know these things. The priest is not a problem she is fond of acquiring so she keeps a healthy distance to him and his place of living.

The ley line she intends to follow into the wilds, hoping to come across a wellspring of magic, the question is if she should go one way or the other.. The troublesome feeling of vampirical magic, gives her pause, it could be anything really, but a vampire out there means she could be discovered, maybe it's just Ramon? Well it doesn't matter she will still follow the ley line and see what she might find. She has time.

As for Mister Rosa, she should follow up, but he was elusive to vampires, the question is, what is he? and how can he remain so flighty? She realizes of course that her luck is the only reason she noticed anything from a man like that, but that doesn't mean he's not to be careful with.

She starts with the self serving part of it all, while sending a message to Eveline. She focuses her sarech for magical sources along the ley line
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Walking southeast along the ley line Sarai passes through the country side of the Brujah terrain and up into the mountains. The climb soon become very steep, at least, she can feel the ley line and won't get lost. Luckily, it doesn't go through the highest peak, and while she isn't sure if she's still in Brujah domain, she soon notice it starts going downwards instead. Looking down a valley she sees a river travelling west. The sounds of birds fills the night, and starry sky is above her. This place is very green, get it seems strange in form, almost as if something big fell down to shape it. A crater? This certainly is a hot spot.

A coo is heard, as she sees a white dove look at her from one of the branches, too high for her to reach. It coos again as she looks on it, moving a bit back and forth on the branch. In the distance where the river travels, she can see a hint of lights, a city perhaps?

The dove takes flight, gliding down over the valley, the white feathers reflecting the moonlight as it disappears downwards. Moving into the valley, she notices the animals keeps their distance, but doesn't flee in panic as she moves. A doe watches her as her kid drinks from the river, making sure the undead creature doesn't come too close to her child. This is the kind of place there would be a risk of werewolves, however, she still senses that vampiric magic here, although the hotspot kind of washes over it. Ramon had told her the wolves were in the north-western mountains, perhaps on the other end of the ley line?

She does notice a new ley line walking down, going south-west, the two lay-lines creating a 'V' with the river in between them, and the hotspot at their interseciton. Not knowing exactly how far she has been walking, that ley line should either go into Ludecke's domain, or, if she is already in it, into Sabbat territory.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 11:45 pm

Well this is certainly... something!

The Vampiric traces everywhere are, troubling, clearly someone else knows to appreciate such a place, which makes it difficult to claim as her own. She might be able to make use of it temporarily, sometime. But the risk would be great not knowing who might consider this theirs.

The animals, their actions, or inactions rather, tell her this is a place of nature, calm and the feeling of spiritualism reamains with her. She does her best to try and be clear of where the ley lines intersect, so she might be able to mark it out on a map later on, then she figures out in which direction the next ley line goes. Time might be getting short but this is an important find, if need be she will seek refuge... somewhere. Maybe in the city below. All she needs is a roof after all.

She makes sure to try and leave as little trace of her passing as possible. It might not help, she's not that good at hiding in the wilds, but at least her passing will upset the balance her as little as possible.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 10:42 am

As she climbs back up towards home, hoping to remember the distances right, a figure blocks her path; a figure she knows.

Sarai searching for Magic Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"Why are you here?" Ramon asks. "You're not allowed to hunt here." You can hear a slight tint of anger in his voice, cutting through his calm and peaceful demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 10:49 am

Oh, it's him. They've managed to get along before, she remains hopeful, that this wont turn out badly.

"Hello there 'madman', I'm not going to lie, since you know I'm a witch, I'm here because I was following the ley line."

"It's an extraordinary place really, don't worry! I wouldn't want to ruin it or anything."
she says diplomatically. Careful not to sa anything that should be taken as a threat to this place... his place from the looks of things.

"I guess it was your energies I sensed all over the place, makes sense really, not many would venture out this far."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 10:53 am

Sarai searching for Magic Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"Hm." Whatever anger was behind his words seems to have calmed down. "That is alright, just don't come too often, you're making them nervous. This is Primogen Wernher's domain, and he has allowed me control over this place. I'm sure you can find the other one then, to the northwest. I haven't been allowed control there because of ignorance, but I take care of it anyway. Better me than the others."
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 11:02 am

"I haven't been that way yet, it was my next stop, who are the others?" She thinks on it, while her geography isn't great, she can venture a guess.

"Don't tell me the Tremere has got their grubby paws all over it!" she vents her frustration. How will she ever get a source to use?!

She might just have to work slowly to get there, but that's not a good scenario, she needs the surplus to be able to cast her magics reliably. Maybe if she had the backing of someone powerful, the whole situation could change. But who to trust? Ramon wants this spiritual place to remain spiritual, and he might not consider her magics the same. The Tremere, or worse werewolves wont back down out of pure principle. So... The Prince? she can arbitrate, and if Sarai offers something in return... maybe.

"Can you tell me more about it? and whoever's up there?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 11:09 am

Sarai searching for Magic Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"It is in Tremere domain. He wants to study the wilds there, but can't until he gets more Tremere in so I've been able to care for it without too much trouble. The werewolves are closer there though, they speak of a great beast protecting these places, and as such haven't gotten closer themselves. I believe they feel trust to this beast."

He pauses. "I haven't seen any beast attacking kindred here, but if the wolves thinks any of these places are threatened by our kind they might not just let us be anymore. So, no hunting, no scaring the animals too much. These are sanctities for animals, not even I hunt here."

He shrugs. "Other than that I don't know much, I don't know much of magic, I just know there is something about these places I want to protect, and not only to keep the werewolves at bay. Should more Tremere arrive there will be a bit more drama, but I don't think he will risk an open conflict as long as I have the Prince's good graces."
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 11:20 am

Sarai wonder if her ultimate goal of perhaps even moving them would be a wise thing to mention. Still if she can get it away from the Tremere that would ease things, potentially. But likely the Werewolves and maybe even Ramon would be angry with the change...

"Well I wouldn't hunt in such an area, I'd siphon the power for spells. And that's not as bad as it might sound, think of it like... drinking water from a river, it's almost meant to be used that way."

"Of course the Werewolves wont think like that, and they likely think any blood magic is a bad thing, I don't know their philosophies, but, well there's time for that too I guess."

"Thank you for the information, I wont hunt here, since you keep my secret."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 11:22 pm

Sarai searching for Magic Dd0e5215ac7e12e71967e75b3c1fa8ef"I don't know much about magic, but I know they don't like our kind. If your magic does not taint the place then perhaps it does not matter, otherwise... Well then they'd be trouble."

He grunts and nods to himself before he turns around, walking away. "Don't come too often."

You notice the animals aren't bothered by him at all, before he disappears into the wild.

Coming home Sarai finds a map to look at. The other layline she didn't study much seems like it goes to Sant Julià de Lòria, or through it further into Spain, perhaps even into Portugal. Though you suspect it shouldn't go that far...
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 11:44 pm

Sarai watches him disappear into the greenery, and then returns home, The use of ley lines proved to be more complx than she foesaw. She must rely on the sources available to herself. And try to coexist with whoever is already staying there.

Once at home she notes down her finds, and go to bed. This was a good nights work.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:24 pm

Sarai had discovered something, many things. The magic was out there, and she would have to learn how to take it for her own. All in good time.

For now though, she thinks, that she has found a conundrum. This Elder, R, or whatever he is. Is clearly someone she would like to get to know, and yet, the letter to Eveline suggested, turthfully, that she wasn't ready.

She could stay, wait, give it time, wait until she was ready. But such reservation speaks of a maturity she doesn't have. Of course she wants to ... what?

She wasn't sure, but one night, she left her home, and walked down the hill. He had a house right there. Rosa, Fransesc Rosa. She would pay his home a visit. And see what happened, in all likelyhood, he wouldn't be there anyway.

She decided not to come empty handed, so she decided to bring him a little gift. As she usually scoured both land and workshop for useful thing to craft, she had come across a set of amber stones, which she put on a string. Simple and charming.

On the stones she wrote (carved) the word Libérte from her home language on them, as a little inquiry. Hopefully he'd take it well.

Then she head down there, to the house, and knock. If no one opened she would she'd push the necklace in the mailbox or mail slot.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:26 pm

"Are you looking for Mister Fransesc?" A female voice asks behind her after she's knocked. A young woman in expensive clothing stands there, her face peaking out from under her hat, showing a friendly smile. "He is really something isn't he?"

Sarai hears nothing from the home though.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:31 pm

She turns around and looks at the woman, expensive clothes, young... she almost has a flashback, thinking of her old sire, and who he'd like to surround himself with. But this isn't that, she's properly dressed, and well quite possibly not 'his' at all.

"I haven't had the pleasure to meet him just yet, but a friend of mine told me."

"How do you know him?"
she asks, trying to make her talk.

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:35 pm

"Some friends of the family introduced us to him. He knows so much! He is not often here, he was given this home, but he has others as I understand it. I've barely ever see him here, but I've seen the light on some times. It is funny, I actually came over because I heard he was here, I just wanted to hear his opinions on something. My parents has proposed a marriage and I'd like his advice before I say yes, they thought it was a good idea to hear him out so here I am." She says giddily.

"Don't worry, you won't be disappointed."
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:49 pm

Sarai nods, this woman is... head over heels. And she wonders if she is more fond of Mister Rosa or her Fiancee.

She can come back, maybe find him at some other point, but well. She can do magic! Surely there's a way to simplify this!

"So, he's not here regularly then, that's a pity. Maybe he's a busy man, do people often come to him for answers? Is that why he has been given a home here? It just sounds so... outlandish."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:52 pm

"Oh I don't know really, but he is somewhat of a spiritual guide, didn't your friend tell you that? Anyway, don't take it as us abandoning the church or anything..." She adds. "We believe in God, we just think his wisdom can be found among others than those in the cloth."

"I should be going, sorry, I'm rambling, people call me a bit crazy sometimes."
She says and chuckles nervously. "Have a nice evening."

She hurries off. Sarai might want to follow her, but she does notice the door to his home is ajar. Was it ajar when she knocked? Shouldn't she have noticed it? When did it open?
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:57 pm

Sarai is used to things "happening" and doesn't miss a beat as she enters the home.

"Hello?" she announces herself softly, yet loud enough to be heard.

"I just wanted to make your acquaintance." then she adds to herself in a quiet hurried whisper "even though I'm not quite ready"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 1:11 pm

The home is dark, what little she can see is a rather bare room, with only the bare minimum to make it furnished.

"You are persistent, I'll give you that."

A voice booms from the dark corners of the room, seemingly moving to always be out of her sight. As he speaks his voice sounds very dramatic, he is not scared of raising it, almost yelling, to emphasize his speech. It almost sounds like a sermon in how it is delivered.

"I have been wanting to meet you Sarai, but it is a very delicate time, there are those who would demand loyalty without earning trust, those who do not see my potential and would try to extinguish it once they are made aware. I cannot yet trust that I can survive it, and as such I cannot let you see me.

So why have you come? Are you here to spy for the lovely Miss Garnier? Or are you here out of your own curiosity? You say you want to make my acquaintance, but from where does that desire rise? What is the true longing making you enter a dark home, not knowing who, or what, you'll meet?"
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 1:21 pm

"It's true I started on this path because of Eveline, but she showed me your letter."

"It seemed like it was written by someone who hold values similar to mine, I couldn't resist following up."

"I know, it might seem a bit daft to show up like this, but the truth is I don't have many like minded people around me, so, I guess I really wanted to take your measure, find out more."

"You certainly build up the mystery surrounding your person. And it's clear that I am not alone in my interest."

She explains it all straight and fair, he could have gone about his life carefully and secretive, but by engaging Eveline, he opened the door, now she's here. She realizes she tells herself this more than him, she has a right to be nosy here.

Inside the beast is unhappy, the lurking voice, the lack of a body, not knowing where he is, and what kind of threat he poses. She is baring her teeth. Sarai doesn't yet have to do anything about it though.

"Are you not kindred?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 1:45 pm

Suddenly his voice booms out even louder than before; "Tell her to put those fangs away! I will not harm you. You have yet to give me a reason to."

He pauses then, the voice calming down. "I am kindred yes, but you did not know that, not for sure.

So you believe we have similar values? I have taken on wisdoms from the east. Kings and Queens are divine, blue blood flooding in their veins, blessed by God to rule over the rest. I have not seen anything divine about them. Rulers can be divine yes, rulers should be divine! But divinity, what creates divinity? Sitting in a luxurious home until a crown is put on your head? Telling people your name and expect loyalty?! NO! Divinity is only achieved in the eyes of others, true Kings are risen from the masses, given divinity and mandate from the people, not through loyalty but through deep, devoted trust.

They call us subjects! They call us inferiors! Telling us that we are below them. A true king has followers, worshippers, telling their king they have risen up above them. A true king is a God in the eyes of men, and becomes so through their trust. You Sarai, you'd have no king, none to lead, none to rule, you spit on the divine. Is it because that is what you truly believe? Or is it due to the option you have so far seen? So no, we do not think alike.

Your friend, she squirms for them, she loves them, through loyalty. She decides to trust them, because that is what she has been taught. Show loyalty! Show trust! Because you are inferior to them. And so she loves them, puts her life in their hands. She is a victim, she more than many. Others play their game, choose to stay out of it, or fight the rules. She is in their midst, doing neither, her blind devotion needs to grow eyes."

He pauses.

"So now that you know what I believe, will you turn from me? Will you fight me? Will your hate for them be divided, as you aim it towards me as well?"
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 2:12 pm

Sarai thinks it over. She has a limited perspective, just how limited it is, is something she is still learning. But her experience is real, and while it might not be the whole truth, it is her truth.

"I don't..." she starts, because she wants to protest, but she holds back, reminding herself this is supposedly a wise man, maybe he's saying something that goes over her head?

"Sorry about her, she's always so quick to react, you don't need to worry about her."

"I guess you might be right, my perspective comes from my own experiences, I've never seen a king, a real king like the kind you speak of."

"My sire had my adoration and companionship, but we drifted apart, because I wanted more, maybe I'd appreciate a real king if I ever came to know one, what you talk about seems like they fail to live up to some ideal, while I focus on the flaws."

"If I had to choose, I guess I already have, I always chose an existence with more trouble and pain, than an easy one, this is why I don't trust a king, or anyone else who offers easy outs. It's not a perfect strategy, but it's not the worst either."

"But your letter, it did speak to me, maybe it's just my blood, but it earned you my ear."

"I should tell you though; I don't mind the clergy which sees to their flock, or the ruler who keeps the domain safe, or the god which grants wisdom."

"I... I know you were right, I am not ready, I just left a home and my Sire, I haven't had a chance to learn for myself. Maybe that's not what your words meant, but its the truth."

"So I don't know. I could trust you, but you don't even appear before me like another person, you weave yourself in wisdom and an admittedly inspiring rhetoric, but if I choose to overlook what I have learned, that does not seem wise to me. I don't think I need less of what I have learned, rather I need more of it. Maybe then I could give you an honest answer, right now, I couldn't even guess."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 2:24 pm

There is a silent pause, then a figure steps out of the shadows. The man wears black clothes, simple in cut, yet elegant. His back is straight, his hands on his back, his head held high. It takes a while before she sees the face in the dark. She has seen that face before, it looks so different. He looks older somehow, the mimicry so different that it could be a completely different person. The way he holds himself up, he looks more like a strung up priest or an aristocrat now, it is a completely different demeanor. Perhaps it is? A twin? An older brother with basically the same face? Then she remembers the voice, the one who ended her first conversation with Baldur...

Sarai searching for Magic Ec064e9a2889e7ad1e704f3680691150"It was never my intention to hide from you Sarai. But the light is not ready for me yet. They see us as lowly beings, our blood carrying a curse making us either too unpredictable to keep alive, or too incapable of responsibility. Should their world view change, fear will grow, and with fear comes aggression. They cannot know of me yet. But here it is, you've seen my face. Luckily, they rarely dares to enter the Malkavian mind to find it."

He walks past you peeking out through the window. "They have been looking for me, I'm surprised it took them this long, but I am not surprised it was a Malkavian who found me, we have potential they could only dream of. I do not expect you to trust me Sarai, you barely know me. In time perhaps you'll see what I see."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarai searching for Magic   Sarai searching for Magic Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarai searching for Magic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next