Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue7/7Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue10/10Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue10/10Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Girls with a Mission Empty
PostSubject: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 12:11 pm

The way to Ordino was a long and windy one, along a small mountain road, seeing as they took the long way around. The driver seemed a bit confused that they did not want to just take the quick route through La Massana, then again, you don't seem local so you probably wanted the scenic route.

In Ordino the city is rather quiet, not from people being asleep, but rather that the gatherings themselves aren't very loudly, instead it seems to be civic, with not too much drinking involved. The nicer parts of town, where you are headed, has some of the larger buildings, which seems to be a grand library, and some schools, and of course; a church. The house you stop by has a big garden, being on the edge of the city, far from the poor parts, and with the finer areas right next to it. There is a big fence around it in gothic design, and the gate is closed. Behind it the house is extravagant, with gothic decorations, as well as statues similar to those of Notre Dame herself, though it does not compare in size, being a two-storage building. While the gothic details can be seen when watching it, it doesn't stand out much otherwise.

The garden is lush with bushes, covering sight through the fence, except by the gate where the pathway up to the door is seen. A small stairway leads up to it, and on each side of it two monstrous and winged statues stand guard, their mouths open, and wings almost fully folded.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Apparent Age: 20
Clan: Malkavian
Health:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue7/7Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue10/20Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue9/9Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Sarai has taken care to be as presentable as can be tonight. She has exactly two nice dresses now, with the addition of the one Eveline gave her, but a black little number is not the ticket for tonight.

She puts on the same as when she met the Prince, White, starched and wrinkle free this time, with a high neck and cute little buttons running down her front and along the side of her neck. Along with it, she has black shined boots, that can just barely be seen, and a snug little vest to give her a sense of purpose and ability. Fastened around her neck is a simple stone from home, nothing expensive, but polished and nice in colour. An occult person might notice that it's a golden obsidian stone, meant to help manifest your will and create success... of course it could also just be a pretty stone.

But beyond that, she made an effort to not bring along her little enchantments, she wouldn't want her first scrutiny to give the Tremere any reason to flag her as a magic user. Tonight, she's just a Malkavian, a "normal" one if that's even a thing.

"Eveline, have you seen this place! Oh the library simply calls out to me, Florian certainly picked a good spot to live."

"Still, I prefer a bit more isolation for my homestead."

she adds as she peers at the statues. "We were supposed to signal him somehow?"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Clan: Toreador
Health:
Blood points:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue6/11Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 3:02 pm

Even though she obviously doesn't need it, Eveline wears a wide-brimmed hat-of-sorts - its sole purpose being that to shield its wearer from the sun's gaze - the crown seemingly symbolical as it's far too small to hug her head is pinned to her dark hair with long golden-looking needles. Her dark green dress is one meant for travelling, with long arms and buttoned all the way to up her neck. It would even be seen as prudish were it not for the way it so flatteringly revealed her forms. In her gloved hands she holds a small purse, clearly made to go with the dress. 

Eveline looks around the place, evidently quite surprised at how elegantly the Tremere's estate was designed. She smiles widely at her companion's sudden outburst of bewilderment - during the ride, Eveline had been somewhat distant, lost in thought while clutching her tiny purse, so enjoying her friend's unexpected change in demeanor is a welcomed one.

Chuckling she responds "Let's make a formidable first impression and maybe he'll let you move here! Well, to the outskirts, at least - your preferences minded." She keeps eyeing the garden and the decor as they walk up to the mansion and adds "But yes, it is impressive." Eveline begins to hopefully believe she's gotten the wrong impression about the Primogen. 

"He wrote we weren't to enter without an invitation, so I guess we'd be safe up until we knock on the door at least." She feigns exaggerated worry to relieve the tension - well, her own, that is. 

As they wait by the door, Eveline asks
"What plans do you have about a real homestead?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
For successfully running a complete Chronicle
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 3:18 pm

As the young women talks about whether or not to enter the garden the gate to it suddenly opens, by itself. One they reach the small stairway, the statues suddenly moves, as if they were alive the whole time, and while they look to be made of stone, you can see that they are in fact not. Their mouths closed as their heads turn to watch you as you ascend the stairs towards the door.

Then the door opens and the 'statues' goes back to their original position. The man in the door look more like a servant than the man of the house.

"Miss Garnier and Miss de Harcourt I presume? The master had to run an errand. You are welcome to come inside, as long as you stay with me and under no circumstances starts to stray."

He holds the door open for you, then leads you into a very small room with a couple of chairs and a table, it looks like it is close to the kitchen. Then he stays there, watching you.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue10/20Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue9/9Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Sarai is exalted with the appearance of the gargoyles, but doesn't say anything. Still though how exciting! She wonders what other fantastical things the Tremere have conjured up? Or, were they perhaps real creatures? From some distant mountain? Who knows?!

They move inside, and she takes a seat, tempted to mess with the servant, but she stops herself. There are more important things at play here. Still she eyes him and asks: "So, this errand, might I assume it's some kind of Sabbat incursion? I mean it must be something that required his attention, otherwise surely you could get him supplies, no?" she doesn't know how tight lipped the servant might be yet, but it's an opportunity to ask questions at least.
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Girls with a Mission Left_bar_bleue6/11Girls with a Mission Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 12:24 am

Eveline can't but stare one of the gargoyles right back as they get closer and closer. While there is no - discernable - reason why they would attack them, Eveline feels this extreme tension build up - more and more the closer they get - reaching its peak just as they pass them, only to snap like a dry twig into nothingness. The relief actually makes her sigh deeply. What if they had attacked? It didn't seem like they were creatures you could reason with. What if the Tremere had made a mistake when he...made them? Summoned them? It was eerie enough that they clearly weren't natural creatures, but the stony appearance - if not actual living stone - made them seem terrifyingly unyielding.

The tense Toreador notices her friend's interest in them and uses it as an excuse to ask about them, smiling at Sarai as if she did it for her sake. The poor servant is bombarded with questions from both chairs. 

"The gargoyles...what are they? Are they alive? What can they do?"  
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 9:01 am

The servant looks to both of you in order as you ask your questions, before he decides to answer them, turning to Sarai first. His manners are very matter-of-fact, and he does not seem to think himself lesser than the two of you, quite the opposite perhaps, he seems to feel very important.

"The Master rarely leaves the chantry unless it is important, so the errand is most likely much more important than purchasing supplies, yes. As for the nature of his departure, you'll have to ask him, all I know is that he gave me specific instructions not to let you wander should you arrive before him. However, out of hospitality, he has decided to let you come in, despite his absence, a rare occasion I might add."

Turning to Eveline he replies to her as well in the same manner. "The Gargoyles are creatures serving the wishes of Clan Tremere. As for more specifics regarding their nature and their abilities, it is not up to me to share, nor do I have the knowledge you look for. Their creation is a well kept secret, and as for their abilities, I hear that they can differ. I can tell you though that these Gargoyles are part of the chantry's defences, and will fight anyone trying to enter it uninvited, when they are not out on errands."

Girls with a Mission Dc2883bad9382fcc5f11018b49374961
The door bursts open and another man comes through the front door, upon which the servant hurriedly offers to take his coat. "The Neonates has arrived Domitor." He informs him.

The man turns to you. "Ah, nice to meet you both. We can make proper introductions in a moment." Turning to his servant he says. "Write down that there was three of them trying to test the limits of the border. They made it over the mountain before I arrived, two of them burned to ashes, the third managed to flee. I have not seen them before and can only suspect they were fledgelings... Or whatever they call it. I got no hint as to their bloodline. Have one of the Gargoyles fly the information to the Prince."

Then he enters the small chamber where you are, looking at the room. "Let us go somewhere more comfortable shall we?"

Closing the door, he opens it again. While one might think it was a lapse of his thoughts being distracted, his determination in the act makes it seem more like the action of a madman, at least until one sees the result. The room behind the door is not the hallway! Instead you see a cosy room, with comfortable chairs and a lot of plants. On the walls hangs decor such as paintings and hunting trophies. There is a desk as well by which he takes a seat. The window in the room is rather... strange... The light from the outside comes in, but you cannot really see what is outside, it is as if the vision is dimmed.

"Please have a seat. I'm Florian Schultze, Tremere Regent, Primogen, and Scourge of Andorra. I've gotten a report on both of you and I am sure we can find use for eachother. Now I understand that one of you; Neonate Sarai, is an Adversary? While I do not usually condone such a belief, I am in fact in need of someone who is prepared to break some rules, we can discuss the details after the introduction.

As for Neonate Garnier, I understand you are a humanist. Then you still care about the well-being of the humans around here, being a woman I am sure that those soft values are only strengthened for you. I can work with that as well. As you might understand by now, I have a mission I'd like to discuss with both of you."

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 10:14 am

Sarai takes this all well, she can deal with a no-nonsense approach. It's just his way of trying to put things into manageable options, he says he knows things, but chances are he doesn't know all that much. And her goal here was actually to work with him, so it's all quite what she hoped to hear actually.

The mystical arts display does tantalize her, but due to her own concerns she focuses on the man, rather than the art right now.

"That sounds good, I was hoping to get involved, so that's right what I was going for." she says as she sits down in the... room.

She considers saying something about her being an adversary, but she figures if she gets this chance to make an impressions, actions will speak louder than words.

"When I heard that you were the one defending us all against the Sabbat, I was immediately interested in finding out how I might help. The Prince was clear in that we all need to help, but with my background, I feel like I'd make myself most valuable dealing with this matter more directly."
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 12:54 am

Eveline, inexperienced as she is regarding the arts the Scourge's clan is known for, passes through the doorway with big eyes. As soon as she's sat down in the appointed chair she surveys the room and takes in its warm ambience. It reassures her enough that she no longer seems unnerved. Particularly the number of paintings dressing the walls help in centering her mind. Then she reads the Primogen's aura (6 successes). After that, as he talks, she tries to get a grip of him in the more traditional way, so that she knows how to best deal with him. Not to mention to make a better first impression. (Depending on difficulty on her Perception/Empathy roll she gets 5 sux (on 6 diff), 3 sux (on 7 diff) and 3 sux (on 8 diff))

"I'm glad you noticed!" she doesn't say at his astute oberservation. But she wants to. Instead she smiles and nods to confirm his statement. After Sarai reveals her eager wish to help with defending the domain, Eveline proceeds "I'd be delighted to help. I'm not much help in the more 'direct' situations the defense might require, but I'm sure you've already accounted for that. That said, I do have other strengths I'm sure will be of great service. Do tell us about this mission, my liege!"

Might want to edit this depending on what she learns
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 9:35 am

The main colours of Florian's aura is Light Blue and Lavender, which tells Eveline that he is calm, yet conservative, a man who does not like to make any judgement on the situation before examining facts, as such his actions and feelings regarding the two of you might very well depend on whatever he learns about you. You manage to see patterns though, there are thin streaks of yellow; a hint of idealism. Even smaller is a barely noticed static of Purple, Red and Brown. The static itself shows that he is anxious, while the colours hints to aggression, anger and bitterness. These feelings are not strong enough to affect his calm at the moment, so you have no reason to believe it is, in any way, directed to you.

She believes a business-like approach is the best way to handle this, with proper etiquette and use of titles. Being of a rational mind rather than emotional one would most likely impress him, though he expects you to be emotional in nature, and perhaps you'd like to keep it that way?

"Before I tell you of the mission itself, I need to tell you the reason for it. As both of you very well knows, the Sabbat is just around the corner. What you might not know, is that there is a fragile power balance, keeping them from attacking us with their full power. Should that power balance in any way shift, not only are we, but any kine in Andorra at risk. They could make this a stronghold for their sect, and isolate their uncaring ways from pruning eyes beyond the mountains should they take over.

So, what is it that keeps them from it? Well we do have a few elders, but mostly, it is the Prince. She is powerful, and as long as she is alive and well, they know it would be a feeble attempt. As such, the mission regards her safety. Why not go directly to her you might wonder, well I have, but she has declined my help. I cannot blame her, she is most likely worried of putting trust in another elder, I can promise you though, my only intention is to protect her, and the domain.

Since this is a fragile matter. I'll need to know you will not spread this information should you refuse the mission, before I give the details to you. It could easily be done with a blood contract, unless you have other suggestions.

Do not get me wrong, I do not expect you to do this for free, however I believe it should be in your interest as well. As such I'll grant you a small boon in exchange, which for example could be to help you with that issue you had."

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am

"Rrr. I don't like this one, he seems dangerous." the beast mutters, gazing at him as if trying to pierce into his soul and see all his flaws bared. Sarai has to admit, Florian looks and seems like he has his shit together.

Sarai listens closely to what Florian says, the reveal of his mission, the Prince is surprising, and not quite what she had in mind, but nevertheless, she will probably agree to it.

The problem of course, is that no matter his words, Sarai and her beast will not be fooled into thinking that this does not have a risk of blowing back on her and Eveline. Whatever he will ask of them, Sarai will need to make sure the Prince will not use it against them. A hard thing to accomplish.

"A blood contract could potentially be dangerous, unless it's worded in spirit rather than detail, missions like the one you allude to often needs one to think and act on the spot, and I cannot consciously agree to something that I might have to violate. But I am sure you understand what I mean, perhaps the mission isn't too complex, but I must insist on retaining a certain amount of freedom, or the task will be doomed before it even begins."

"That said, I want to be of help, and gain your recognition and I know this will mean I need to prove myself, particularly as an adversary, this is the guarantee you can work with."

Sarai obviously argues for more freedom, but she also truly believes in what she says, what if, for example, in order to keep the Prince safe the mission (whatever it is) must be betrayed?  Sarai does not know what a blood contract is, but she'd expect something with that name from a warlock to have serious consequences.
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 4:59 pm

Eveline nods to both the warlock's and the madwoman's arguments, but when Florian mentions "I can promise you though, my only intention is to protect her, and the domain." a savagely protective part of her takes control of her and prods and turns at each syllable, every shift in tone and facial expression emanating from him, weaving them together to see what he really thinks about that statement. (Perc/Emp roll: 7 sux)

"While I am positive the Scourge has nothing but the safety of our Prince and domain in mind, there is merit in Sarai's concern. Plans are foiled all the time, and must be altered, or even altogether abandoned for another, so if this blood contract is rigid - at all - I fear we'd risk what we're trying to protect so dearly. And I couldn't live with the thought that I've been part of dooming either, or both. The Scourge knows about the "interview" all newcomers must pass to be able to stay. Since we're both still here - me and Sarai - the Prince has deemed us as reliable, and I would hate if Her judgment would be sullied for no reason. ...Rest assured that I am equally eager to prove myself as mademoiselle de Harcourt, especially for something so important as all our safety."

Eveline puts emphasis on the more emotional statements she makes - just not too much - while still voicing, to her at least, logical concerns. Her body mirrors her subservient tone when she adresses their host.

"...And offering me aid with my issue as compensation'd only label me an utter and complete idiot if I broke the Scourge's trust. One doesn't simply become Primogen, Scourge and Regent for nothing." Eveline bows her head to Florian as she finishes her speech. There is nothing ingratiating with that last part of it, only her being impressed.

Might edit depending on what she gets from trying to read his motives.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:26 pm

He isn't the easiest man to read, but Eveline is exceptionally sharp tonight. She believes this man has many motives, but in this matter, he is truthful. The mission he talks about, is, in his belief, only for the well-being of the Prince and thereby the domain. Though, she suspects there is something else he might get out of it, though not contradictory to the intent of safety, and not as important it seems.

"The blood contract will in no way control your actions regarding the mission. I understand not everyone has the education to understand a lawful contract, especially women are usually lacking education in general. This contract will be very simple, stating that should anyone decline this mission, whether it is by declining it openly, or accepting with no intention to actually follow through, they will not be able to share any information regarding it to any outsiders, nor interfere in it. As such, if you do accept, it will do absolutely nothing to control your actions."

He takes out a parchment, with written text. "I've prepared it here. Should you sign it, you won't be able talk, write or in any other way signal about it, unless it is to help the mission."

Placing it in front of you, you can read the text for yourself. It is written in French, probably to your benefit.

Should I decline the mission to protect Prince Morillo against assassination attempts, given to me by FLorian Schultze, in words, or in spirit; I hereby promise not to inform anyone of the details I learn regarding the mission, nor work against it.

"As you can see, it is made so none of you can interfere with the mission, even if you decide against it."

He places a pen by the contract.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 10:18 pm

Sarai thinks about telling him about her actual education, she realizes though, he's right, most young women can't get an education, she couldn't, but her mother and grandmother gave her lessons in her heritage, the runes, and their importance, which made her thirsty for more knowledge, and once she became a vampire, she pursued those passions.

No need to let that chip on her shoulder have anymore weight than it already has. she ignores his comment and simply looks through the legal text (1 success) to see that it seems to be what he says. and although she has reservations, this is what needs to be done to gain his favour. 

Sarai signs, the strain on her face showing a bit more than she'd like for it too, as the beast inside is screaming: "Don't you dare! We'll be betrayed! It's a trap! Stop! NO!" (if watched in Auspex the insanity in her aura is off the charts, for the moment.)

In the end though, it's signed and she gives Florian a curt nod and placing the pen in reach of Eveline.

"I understand Clan Tremere can do all sorts of magical phenomena, this blood contract I take it, is something you've devised for vampirical dealings?"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 11:02 pm

While she has practically no knowledge of the arcane arts - and therefore unable to discern what signing this contract actually does - Eveline is reassured by what she picked up from looking behind Florian's words, and picks up the pen and signs.

"There!" Eveline puts down the pen by the contract, staring at the paper as if expecting it to burst into impossibly coloured flames and disappear. When it doesn't, she leans back into the chair again and adds with a strange mix of seriousness and bubbling anticipation... "So what is it you want us to do, Scourge?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 9:08 am

Sarai finds that this contract is too imprecise to have any legal bearing, other than that, she can't see anything that would trick her into anything else than what has been discussed, and signs. Florian seems to watch her closely as she does, perhaps he knows just how difficult this is to an adversary? "A blood contract is exactly that, not everyone can be taken at their word, so when needing to be certain everyone keeps their bargains, a blood contract is used. It is not like we can take them to court. Of course, the wronging party would have it more difficult to make deals in the future, but that does not save the deal itself." He responds to her question.

"Good. Then I can get right too it." He says as both has signed, and answers Eveline's quesiton. "I have created a ritual which will notify me should anyone of a certain blood cross it's barriers. I have tested it on Lasombra and Tzimisce, their blood is easy to attain in my occupation and this area, however for the Prince I want to add something extra. I have acquired Assamite blood for this purpose, after all, they are known assassins, and might be hired by the Sabbat in the area."

He pauses. "Now, once I am notified, I'll be able to teleport over there, it is an immediate opportunity, as such I do not have any chance of preparation, that is why I'd like to try and bind the ritual to more individuals. Not only does more numbers scare intruders off, they are after all most likely not aware of our abilities. So, that is why I want you to help me, to show strength, and, if anyone would be unable to get there immediately, the others might. The assassin will most likely need some time to kill the Prince, which gives us time to stop them. Of course, anything protruding to the Prince's privacy that might occur, will not be taken advantage of, however, saving her life will be cause for forgiveness should anything of the sorts be witnessed.

I completely understand if this prospect sounds terrifying, know that even if I bind you to the ritual, you can choose not to teleport. However, even if you do not want to be connected to it at all I do have use for you. I will need help to place the wards around her house without anyone noticing, and I believe the upcoming party will provide enough distractions for us to do this. We'll need to pour a drop of a mixture at each corner of her house, those doing so will need to either use stealth, or subterfuge to accomplish this without drawing attention to themselves. Those of us not doing it will need to distract the Prince and Primogen Werner. I don't know which task you prefer, it would be more difficult for me to slip away, but can be accomplished with a good enough distraction."

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 12:06 pm

By the blood of her ancestors!

She's not too concerned about Cosette, she wants to live in peace, so that's not much of an issue. Thankfully.

But the Prince! Florian's basically saying that anyone from three whole blood lines cannot visit her privately without unannounced intervention! As an adversary, Sarai is normally concerned with how the Prince might step on anyone's liberties, but in this case, her liberty is at stake! By Caine! This is deranged!

How does she tell this to the draconic Tremere though? She has a mission to manage, and cannot critique too hard. She uses willpower to swallow her emotions and remain completely calm. Let him be a fool then, but she must protect the Prince now that it has gone this far. So she will try to word herself carefully. She projects a calm and rational demeanor as she speaks, hoping it will help. (Manipulation/Charisma + Expression = BOTCH)

"I can't put demands, nor am I in a position to question a scourge's plans to protect our Prince." she begins tentatively.

"But as an Adversary, I cannot help but voice a concern for our Prince."

"I feel like there's a privacy issue here, surely she does not discuss all her dealings with these bloodlines to the rest of her subjects, but we must assume that with such a hardline front, sometimes there will be a need for discreet communication. If we then make an unannounced interruption, well it'd be disastrous to say the least."

She tried her best, but well, it didn't sound good this way either, at least she didn't scream or tell him he's a raving idiot. Her concern for how this might be resolved though, remains, she's worried and subdued, she'd rather be tarred and feathered than be stuck in this position.

"Maybe the Prince could... have control of it somehow? To make it more safe for her?" she squeaks.
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 3:43 pm

With the fact that the implications of such a contract - whether they can be used as actual legal documents or not - goes right over Eveline's head, she makes a mental note to herself to maybe take the time to learn. Someday, at least.

As the warlock mentions they'd be teleporting - right into the fray - Eveline feels a sting of rather justified fear. After all, she has no martial skills to speak of, and she's not even the least intimidating. She's never really needed to - not until that night not too long ago, though, when it was all too obvious that she couldn't even defend herself against a simple kine, one not even of particular strength at that - her ability to make people see her perspective quite 'advantageous', or simply her more natural one that lets her read her surroundings had always been enough to keep her safe. But now they will be facing off Sabbat assassins, and something tells Eveline, quite convincingly, that her old tricks won't do much good then.

...but teleporting! That's what keeps her from outright refusing. She is convinced no-one would think her a coward for doing so, it'd simply be prudent. At best she'd offer no real help, and at worst the enemy could capture her and use as leverage against her friends. ...but teleporting. She knows nothing about the actual ritual required for such a thing, but the word itself speaks clearly what it does. To go from one point ot another - just like that? At once? Would it feel like travelling very fast? Or is it like falling? She is riveted to the prospect of actually experiencing it.

Then she hears Sarai stomp on the proverbial piano as it were, and her mind rushes back to the here and now, hoping to salvage what can be. Realising this is a critical moment, she actually uses (Awe: 2sux - so affecting 2 people), hoping to sway the old Scourge's mind. Not only to draw focus away from Sarai's blunder, but also because she actually believes the plan could be devastating for them all - the Prince and them - even if they succeed in saving her life from an attempt at her life.

"I believe what mademoiselle de Harcourt is trying to say is that even if we manage to put the mixture at the right places unnoticed, and then suddenly teleporting to save the Prince...She'll still always know that we don't trust in her own ability to defend herself, defying Her will even. Furthermore, the rest of the domain will know it too, surely weakening the Prince. Please reconsider, regent!"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 4:15 pm

He listens to your opinions and doesn't seem surprised to hear them. "Of course, it is a sensitive matter, which is why it is important we take her privacy into consideration. Should we teleport there, we would end up right outside her house. It will give us ample time to take the situation into account. I don't know if any of you are adept at Auspex, but I was hoping at least one of you are. With that we'll be able to determine whether we should enter or not. Both Toreadors and Malkavians are known for being insightful, and I would appreciate you being there to guide me with that insight. As for any fighting, I believe you won't need to do much. Since the Prince hasn't asked for this, we cannot expect anything in return but forgiveness for intrusion.

Now, should we barge in wrongly, the blame will fall on me so you needn't worry about that. As for her getting visitors from these clans, there are no antitribu in the area, so there is no reason any of them would be trustworthy. So the reason she'd want anyone from these to visit her is either that she is trying to hire an Assamite herself, which is unlikely considering her ideals, or that she is talking to a spy. In either case, they could as well use the opportunity to stab her in the back. I have offered her this protection but she has declined, I believe she fears it will do something other than I say it does, she is not very trusting.

What worries me is that she seems to think she stands alone in this, as far as I know she haven't even learned Auspex, how would she sense danger approaching? How would she notice when someone sneaks past her defences? She made me a Primogen, she made me the Scourge, but she has done so out of respect, she is too arrogant to realise that even the oldest can fall, with enough force against them."

He leans back, tapping a finger against the table. "You can still decline, but remember, it would only be an intrusion to her privacy if we let it. We can choose to ignore that which is not a threat to her life, once we establish it is not."
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 6:03 pm

Sarai is grateful Eveline covered for her, it seems like her foot-in-mouth moment is over and now is the time to show she's a willing helper.

"Well if it's outside her home, I suppose it's not an intolerable thing, anyone might arrive outside after all, that calms me somewhat. So I will not refuse. After all defending the domain, is what I came here for, I might not be strong, but I can fight, and we're there to play for time, so it'll be a team effort."

She smiles and adds: "And of course, it's a privilege to be part of your initiative Florian, I expect it to be quite exhilarating to teleport. But placing the necessary items is.. well I can try to help, but I believe it may be a bit difficult to pull off, after all everyone will expect the adversary to be up to something wont they? I might have eyes on me, if it is many devices, I'd be willing to take the one perhaps, and do my part, but I doubt I could do it all, properly."

She refrains from putting Eveline on the spot, but with her connection to the Prince, it's pretty damn obvious who can do that the easiest, she will know the house well enough by now, and she's socially capable to never be suspected of anything. Still, they are partners, it's gotta ber her choice.

"How does the ritual work anyway?" she throws in, innocuously, trying not to make him worry that she's too interested. (4 successes)
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 9:27 pm

When Sarai uses the Scourge's first name, Eveline ever so discreetly taps one of the malkavian's feet with her own, hoping she understands.

"I have some talent with Auspex, but other than enhancing my hearing and sight, I don't think there's much I could do. Reading auras requires I actually see my target, so arriving outside makes that...highly impractical at best. But does the Scourge think better hearing is enough maybe?

...Has She been betrayed before, is that why She is so careful about trusting in others' help?" At this Eveline looks genuinely worried, angry and sad all at once, perfectly reflecting her inner emotions. She is however reassured that the mission might be possible to pull off without undermining her Prince's authority after all, so she nods and says

"I'll do it. I might also be the most suitable to place the...mixtures?...where needed. I am on rather good terms with the Prince, so me roaming her mansion wouldn't be that strange, I guess. But then someone else will be keeping Her busy while I'm doing it?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 10:32 pm

Florian does react to his first name being used, Sarai can see his eyes narrow at her. "You may call me Primogen, or Scourge, Neonate. If you must you can add my last name to the title."

He doesn't seem to angry though, just annoyed, as one would be when someone does just the thing you expected them to do but hoped they wouldn't.

"The ritual is rather complex to explain, but I'll need the both of you present when preparing the mixture. All you need to know is that I will need to smirch a drop of it over your non-beating hearts during the procedure, during which I need you to stay quiet and still, as to not disturb me."

Turning to Eveline, the harsh undertone disappears. "I believe that with the both of us listening, we'll be able to sort out the details together. The Prince has lived a long time, so it would surprise me if she hasn't been betrayed several times in her un-life."

With that he goes into the drawers, and pulls out a crude blueprint of the Prince's house. It really only shows the garden and the bottom floor of it, nothing which can be used for any grander schemes.

"I will prepare four vials, one which will need to be poured onto the ground here, one here, here and here." He says as he point to the outside corners of the house. "If you Neonate de Harcourt could take one of them, it would be less suspicious if Neonate Garnier does not round the whole house. In any case, I can find an opportunity to engage the Prince and Primogen Wernher in conversation. Should any of them stray, I expect Neonate de Harcourt will have had enough time to pour her vial and intercept them so as to buy time for Neonate Garnier. Most likely, the one straying will be the Toreador Primogen, you can always ask him to dance, I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige."

He points to a big room to the back of the house, which has doors leading out into the garden. "This is where the festivities will be, most likely the doors will be open for those who wants to go out and enjoy the gardens, as such the task shouldn't be too difficult. The most important part is that the last vial is poured within an hour from the first one, so should you be delayed for any reason, you might need to improvise. However I don't think that should be an issue, an hour is ample time to finish the border before it closes."
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 10:47 pm

Sarai shrugs. this is a piece of cake really, she does have obfuscate after all. It's more that if she is caught, by Ludecke most likely, she's going to have a hard time to explain herself, PARTICULARLY because he knows she does magic, and she's placing markers for an invasive teleportation spell!

Oh well.

"I'll take the one in the front, where it's easiest to be seen, that way Eveline will have an easier time of it to do all hers discreetly. I'll just rely on timing, and I guess it goes without saying we act first when we're all there. Will I get the vial already Primogen? Or should I expect it at the party?"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:41 pm

She looks somewhat disturbed when Florian mentions the procedure, and has to ask

"Over our...will you actually be exposing our hearts for this??"

As the conversation goes on Eveline comes to think of something, and says

"O, about the teleportation...will we get any kind of sign it's about to happen? I'm thinking, what if either of us at the moment is in the company of others? Surely it'd raise at least a couple of eyebrows if we'd suddenly vanish right before their eyes." Eveline being quite the social animal joylessly entertains the idea of having to isolate until the Prince is in no danger of being attacked...ever again.

"The Prince's garden is well kept and beautiful, so I really don't think it'll be strange at all if I'm seen strolling through it. Unless I have to climb through bushes to reach the proper places, of course?" Eveline curves a slightly worried eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Storyteller
Storyteller

- The End -
Assamite
Played an Assamite
Brujah
Played a Brujah
Follower of Set
Player a Follower of Set
Giovanni
Played a Giovanni
Lasombra
Played a Lasombra
Malkavian
Played a Malkavian
Nosferatu
Played a Nosferatu
Ravnos
Played a Ravnos
Toreador
Played a Toreador
Tremere
Played a Tremere
Tzimisce
Played a Tzimisce
Ventrue
Played a Ventrue
Gangrel
Played a Gangrel

Character Info
Apparent Age:
Clan:
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:55 pm

At Eveline's reaction to the ritual he seems slightly surprised in fact, his eyebrows raised. "No. I will need to smear it between your breasts, and I tried to be more poetic about it as to not give you the wrong idea of my intent. Apparently I was too misleading. Trust me when I say I will take no pleasure in doing so, it is merely a necessity." He is truthful in this. While he can see they are both beautiful, such thing hasn't been an interest for him for a very long time, his sexuality is as dead as his body, and he prefers it that way, so he can focus on what matters.

Answering the rest of your questions he continues. "You will get an instantaneous sense that it is to happen, but unfortunately, you will not have any time to prepare. You can however decide not to teleport. If there are people around and you are not interacting with them, they will not think much of it, the teleportation is veiled, a bit like obfuscate, it will merely seem like you stepped out of their vision.

We will do the ritual tonight if possible, and you will have your vials with you. We don't need the extra steps risking discovery at the festivities."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls with a Mission   Girls with a Mission Empty

Back to top Go down

Girls with a Mission
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Ordino :: Ordino (the City) :: Casa d'Areny-Plandolit-
Jump to: