Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Apparent Age: 20
Clan: Malkavian
Health:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue7/7Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue10/20Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue9/9Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Friday Night (after sunset) Empty
PostSubject: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 8:09 pm

The weather is terrible, but hey, it happens, it does mean though that Sarai, arriving is less of the cheerful "how do you do" variety, and more of the "look what the cat dragged in" arrival. She is not wet, she is drenched as she knocks (slightly late) on Eveline's front door. A sensible person might've travelled in more sturdy clothes, but perhaps it's the Malkavian blood? All she has on, is a rather saggy looking overcoat, and a simple dress underneath, a careful eye might note that it's the same dress she had last time, (maybe Sarai doesn't have much of a wardrobe?)

As Eveline opens the door, Sarai pushes a wet lock of hair out of her face, joking: "Sorry for being late, I just had to have a bath before I got here."
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Clan: Toreador
Health:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue7/7Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)
Blood points:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue6/11Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue10/10Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 6:13 pm

Eveline's face goes from prepared hospitality to mild shock when she notices the Malkavian's state - pretty much the second she opens the door since her guest is utterly and completely soaked.

"Mon dieu! What happened?!" Only a moment later she pulls the tragic wraith inside by her arm (if Sarai lets her - it is clearly not an attack), realising a good host does not let her guests drown in their own clothing just outside her door. And one certainly does not just stand there gawking at them!

"Where there no carriages available? Not a single one? I know some can be rather...poorly maintained...but surely it'd be better than...did you walk here??"

Well inside and after closing the door behind them, Eveline looks about her, trying to think of what one does when a guest has almost drowned. Then it hits her!

"No, it's perfect!" The swift change from concern to perfect joy at the situation might seem like poor
conduct - especially towards an awaited guest - but Eveline adds

"I was going to show it to you anyway, but now you can try it too!" The hostess can barely keep it together at her own idea, immensely pleased with how things turned out. "Come!"

Eveline waves to Sarai to follow her, into what appears to be the bathroom. While not luxurious, the toilette is actually hooked up to plumbing (if Sarai knows about that), something quite novel for the time. Eveline, however, goes further in and motions her guest to follow her past a wall separating the last part of the room from the rest. There is more plumbing here, protruding from the wall - who knows where it comes from and where it goes! Well, where it goes is no mystery for anyone who's not a complete cretin, as the pipes lead up along the mosaic-adorned wall and end in some sort of...funnel? In the floor there is also a drain.

"It's a shower!" She says with enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue10/20Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/20)
Willpower:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue9/9Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 8:21 am

Sarai doesn't say much, being swept up in Eveline's verbal train of thought and comes along willingly.

But of course she walked! Of course, she could have taken a carriage, but she made an effort not to be followed or traced here. Which in hindsight might not have been the best priority... Anyway, to each their own. She doesn't bring it up, nor discuss it, a little water never killed anyone. Except for drowning, and wet floors?

With that train of thought she's introduced to a contraption which allows for both! TADAAH. Her mind opens up to the possibilities. Inside her the Beast purrs with satisfaction.

How marvelously evil! Sarai smiles brightly, thinking about how victims may not only be drowned in here, but with the additional side effect of being hosed down in the process. "Very impressive!" she says with insidious glee, (which may be mistaken for its more reasonable cousin 'just' glee)

"I just have one question, how do you affix their mouths to the pipe there?" she asks, wondering if victims wont be able to avoid drowning a bit too easily, where's the leather strap? A metal hinge? Anything really. A nasty spike might even be enough, oh and it'd get rusty too!

Aura reading:
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue6/11Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/11)
Willpower:
Friday Night (after sunset) Left_bar_bleue10/10Friday Night (after sunset) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 3:16 pm

"What? No, it...what?" Eveline's face of utter joy crumbles into one of utter confusion. She does, however, gather herself quickly, realising her guest must see the world quite differently being of her particular lineage. Not wanting to draw attention to it - trying hard as she is to be a gracious hostess - she simply wafts it away as if the blonde had merely not understood what it was at all.

"It's for washing your body!" Eveline would have waited for a guest to connect the few, albeit very novel, dots - followed by their assured astonishment, but avoids embarrassing them both by simply describing how it works.

"You stand under the shower head and pump that thing there. It...ah, I'll show you instead." Eveline reaches her arm in, careful not to get her dress wet and starts pumping. It's only a matter of moments before water starts drizzling down from the shower head, splashing against the tiled floor.

"It's cold now, but give it a moment and it actually turns warm!" She looks to Sarai hoping to catch the moment it dawns on her how marvellous this contraption is. "Oh! And if you've learnt how to enhance your senses - do you know Auspex? - you have to use it to enhance your sense of touch!" Why one'd want to needs no explanation, as it can be clearly read on Eveline's face how good it feels, as she recommends it, eyes going up into her head and her mouth hanging limp for a second.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 5:10 pm

"Right, of course." Sarai corrects herself swiftly. As Eveline demonstrates how to draw water from the well, Sarai can't help herself: "Does this mean, your solution to me being completely wet is to... add more water?" The young Malkavian asks, trying to see the sense in it all. She's crazy, and all but somehow, this seems a bit like reversed roles.

Not willing to let Eveline suffer more in her attempt to be hospitable, Sarai simply steps into the shower, (clothes still on) commenting: "Thank you for helping, I don't suppose you have anything dry for me to change into? Anything will do, so long as it's clean and dry."
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:23 pm

"No, silly rabbit. Well...technically, yes, but that's besides the point. The solution is to add warm water! Surely you still enjoy a hot bath now and then? I know you're in no danger to freeze to death, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things."

As Sarai steps into the shower - fully dressed, as if it were the most normal thing ever - Eveline just stares blankly at her for a second, before bursting out in an almost childlike laughter, nearly losing her balance. There is no malice in it, only pure joy.

It takes her a few seconds to regain her composure, leaning with her back against the wall for support. "I am so sorry - but that was just so perfect. Thank you." As Eveline's calmed down, she adds "Of course I have something else for you to wear. I don't really have anything in your colour, but...yes, the black one will be perfect." She turns on her heels and swooshes out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 11:00 pm

Sarai takes it easy. Reminding herself that it's usual for most to fall prey to their lust. She knows not-all, but certainly enough about that sort of thing.

Granted warm water to cleanse the body does sound nice, but what does it give you? Where's the upside? Anyone seeking a safer existence, or a stronger mind and body would know that cold water, will make you stronger, for having been through it, and not letting yourself be degraded by ... comfort? What's comfort to a corpse anyway? About as useful as an expensive coffin.

Eveline seemed to consider what would be the right garment, for her. Black she mentioned. Well indeed black does have a menacing quality to it, but that's beside the point, Sarai takes what she can, the dress she has, is all she has for now, she's got no job, and no prospects whatsoever, all she has are her few, (quickly dwindling) resources since before she ran away from her sire.

So, black! Perfect. Maybe Eveline wont ask her to return it? No harm in profiting off the kindness of others is there?

She undresses and wrings out her clothes and stacks them in a wet pile. it's not a lengthy process, so perhaps she is done before the time Eveline comes back. Either way, no skin off her back.

She is reminded though, by a voice in the back of her mind: "Don't show your hand! You fool! Why are you going on about cold water?! Just smile and make her like you so we can make use of her and kill people whenever we want to!"

No beastie, that's not how we do it, and you know it. Sarai retorts, though the thought of running rampant and eating her fill does make her tingle all over.

"You're a liar! Wait, I've got an idea, we could have use for her, if we drank her blood, think about it!? That little doll has probably all sorts of powers, she even bragged about them, to feel hot water. What a waste, it's meant to seek out prey with! But no matter, once she's been devoured such power wont go to waste."

You what? Are you for real? I am here trying to build a... a SOMETHING! and your suggestion is I eat the first one I managed to meet up with? This is why you're always so alone, you need to listen to me bestie! We are not as powerful as we need to be, and we wont get there without help. Allies! Friends even, if Ludecke is to be believed.

"Believeing is not what I'd like to do with him, besides, you're right, we'll use the girl to lure Ludecke in, he's got to be way tastier than she is!"

Ugh you're hopeless!

"Hope is for simpletons who can't muster up! I am MORE!"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 11:33 pm

"Here we go!" Eveline returns with the promised dress and fitting undergarments, hangs the dress on a copper hook jutting out from the wall and puts the rest on top of a chest of drawers not far from the shower. She sees the pile of wet clothes and starts picking them up, carefully so as not to ruin her own dress. While it might not be proper conduct for a hostess, she turns towards the naked malkavian, eyeing her body head to toe, and compliments her own sense of eye measurement...

"Yes, I was quite right. Your physique is a bit more impressive than mine, so the black one is indeed the best one. It's one of the more "open" dresses I have, so there aren't as many places where one'd risk tearing it." Eveline means it exactly like she says it - she is of a rather fragile frame, making pretty much everyone else's impressive.

She doesn't linger, though, but turns around with her arms extended as far as possible with Sarai's garments in her hands, looking for a good place to hang them to dry. She raises her voice as she leaves, to be heard over the water splashing against the floor

"I'll be in the living room when you are done, little rabbit." Eveline then chuckles to herself, since there isn't really anywhere else she'd be while entertaining guests.

When Sarai is done, she sees that the dress is a black evening gown with no shoulders at all. What little sleeves there is are merely broad bands for her upper arms. The corset seems unusually flexible, but seeing how small the bodice part of the dress is, it is rather obvious that it won't leave much to the imagination regarding the wearer's shape. The breasts are covered just enough to still be proper in most situations. And unless Sarai's bosom is of the larger size, there is little to no risk that she'd suffer any "mishaps" should she need to lean forward. The bustle hanging beside the dress seems to be a rather discrete one, making sitting down the more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 9:18 am

Sarai enjoys the shower. After all the internal debate dies down. Drowned out by the pitter patter. 

While she may be larger than Eveline. Sarai is mostly slim and tall, though her feminine figure fills out in all the right places. She doesn’t have much in the way of muscle mass. 

She gets dressed. Struggling a bit to make it all sit as good as can be, grateful for the clothes loaned to her, she doesn’t want to do them a disservice. After all, her host will likely value how she looks. Sarai may not care herself that much, but she still remembers how to dress up (and down) to please others. 

Then she follows after Eveline. Looking like a new woman. The fierce expression, and the tell-tale movements that betray a trained killer are all put away. Instead Eveline gets to see the old Sarai. The one her sire chose. While she lacks refinement. She has the vestiges of innocence about her. Youth and innocence.
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 9:28 pm

Eveline sits on one end of the couch in the living room, ceremonially sipping from a glass partially filled with an amber liquid. As Sarai enters the room Eveline turns to greet her and makes big eyes at the sight of the now transformed woman. 

"Sarai, you look perfectly gorgeous!" She puts down her glass and stands up, and walks up to her guest. Clearly impressed with the effects of a warm shower and a surprisingly well fitting dress, she looks her up and down and concludes 

"You simply have to keep it, Sarai. I'll have my tailor make it perfect for you - I'll let him know you'll stop by whenever you're able." 

She takes a couple of steps back and motions for Sarai to take a seat. Eveline then walks over to a finely crafted sideboard upon which a few bottles are lined up. 

"I know it's not common but I feel I should offer at least - do you drink still?" She tops up her own glass with the same drink.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 10:34 am

Sarai wonders about this tailor, and what it will mean for her to meet with such a person, she likes to think herself self sufficient, so it's a little bit weird to get help with clothes, then again, she's not actually good with a needle herself. Something she should correct in time.

"Thank you" she says shortly and takes a seat.

"I drink blood but that's about it, I heard there are those who can even eat, but I don't... I've returned pretty much everything else I ever ingested, I didn't force myself to learn though, maybe that's possible? Thanks anyhow, I'll be fine, I feed regularly. Best to keep the beastie satisfied!" she remarks cheerfully.

She does however lean over to get a whiff of what Eveline is drinking.

Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 pm

The aroma is smoaky and rather sweet - it quite suits the warm tint of it. Eveline then puts down the small glass and assures her guest

"Don't worry, I have seen to it that we'll dine handsomely tonight." She giggles somewhat at her own pun, but explains at once "Just after midnight I've invited two rather striking young men for a private party here - they know we are two women in need of being entertained. I hope you don't mind me already having selected them? I met them yester evening, and while I only sought to find a couple of good candidates, I fear I might have drawn the attention of the whole establishment - I'd have guessed the entertainers would've been vexed with me "stealing the show" were it not for the fact that even they wanted my company." Eveline looks almost haunted as she recalls the event. "It was quite overwhelming, but at least it allowed me to pick the finest cherries." She winks at Sarai and smiles from ear to ear.

She then takes on a surprisingly serious look, straightens her back and asks "But let us get into tonight's business, shall we? We are both new here, so it'd be wise if we found someone who had our back, so to say, don't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 11:19 am

Sarai notices the predatory playfulness in Eveline as she talks about the food. She too on the rare occasion might use seduction, but truthfully she mostly just stalks them all down. It's somehow more honest, but she thinks this game of Eveline's, is not without merit, those who have the spirit for it, certainly help with the masquerade.

"I do agree", Sarai says, trying to straighten up in a similar manner, not to imitate, but to show that she's ready to talk seriously. (she almost always is, but such communication is important)

"I have met with a few of the kindred around here, the Brujah, and your own clan, those are the big ones. it's a peculiar setup here, I feel as if the way my sire taught me has ill prepared me for politics. There's mainly humanists and kings here as far as I can tell. Ludecke stands out quite a bit, with his reputation, I suspect the Prince appreciates someone like him around, despite their difference in outlook."

"But I'm a Neonate, I can tell we're not thought of as much at all, not by those in power, even so we can be stronger together."

"We do have one advantage, that those of higher station lack. We can be overlooked, so if we are careful about our business we might grow strong without their notice. Even more so if we pool our resources."

"Do you have any plans? Political? Money wise? If we can find areas where our interests mesh, we can join together, silent partners, and grow faster, stronger together."

"We don't have to share everything either, is just the old saying, don't put all of your eggs in one basket, so. I propose we make a second big basket together, I hope we can agree on what to put in it."
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 3:38 pm

"I have only, still, met the Prince and my primogen, myself. That'll change, but I'd very much appreciate your take on everyone you've met. Even the "lowly" ones - surely you don't see yourself as inconsequential, do you? I'm sure they don't either. I know I'm not." This delivered with a playful smile, hinting - not subtly at all - that there is more to it. 

As Sarai mentions humanists and kings, Eveline remembers something from last time they met, and responds with some hesitation "You said your sire was a Voluptuari...are you, too, on that path?"

To Sarai's take on how neonates are 'not held in as high regard', Eveline is rather of another perspective, as she replies "I really don't think we're that categorically dismissed, my friend. I've met with the Prince a few times now, and I think She doesn't care about that at all, as long as you can be of use to Her domain. I don't think Sha can afford not to, being a Prince this close to the border of the Sabat. Since you're still here, I take it She's convinced you're no threat to her..." At this Eveline hints at Vanessa's ability to keep her guests truthful quite clearly (but also tries to read Sarai's aura, but fails). "...so my advice would be to show her exactly how you can be useful. And then excel at it!" Eveline then lets out a laugh saturated with ambiguous feelings. 

"But yes, there's indeed advantages in being overlooked." (Here Eveline tries to read Sarai in the more conventional way, and CRUSHES IT!) "...I fear it's too late for me, though - I am in the process of setting up a tavern of my own here in Les Escaldes and with that I will hopefully make some money for myself. Furthermore my primogen has taken me under His wing, and I hope He will teach me to navigate the political waters of the domain. ...are you the only Malkavian here, by the way?"
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 5:05 pm

"No there is another... a paranoid fellow, who for obvious reasons I have not even met yet. I think he used telepathy with me, or perhaps something different altogether, he's wary and I haven't really found any common ground."

"I met with the Brujah, there are two of them, Maria and Roc, Roc was the more dominant, though she was hard to figure out. She cares for the people there, and they were easy enough to talk to, nothing that stood out."

"Then the Nosferatu, A bit of a curmudgeon and his childer, who is actually a child, young and scary, we played together. His name was Emmanuel and she is Line. Oh right, Emmanuel is very territorial about Canilo, in fact he claims it is his, but it isn't in fact. The other Malkavian warned me that he can get violent so I guess it truly is his unless you want to chance getting jumped by him. I made peace with him and settled in El Tarter."

"Then there's Ramon, the Gangrel, he's a bit enigmatic, and lives in the wild as far as I can understand, I don't know much more than that, he seems to know what he's doing without having to say anything, so I'd not mess with him if I were you."

"That's about all I know, well there's Ludecke, but surely you know him as good as I, or better?"

"Now about the suggestions to work together. If you are tied up with other investments that's fine, I have limited means myself."

"Perhaps we can simply settle to help each other with introductions and smoothing things out?"

"Have you met with the Tremere? I hear they exist in the valley, and I'd like to get a ... good introduction, I know how powerful they can be, do you think you can help with that? I know he's a scourge, so obviously I need to put him firmly in the 'friends' category, as an Adversary I fully expect to step on some toes, but I need his acceptance, and I am prepared to work for it, but don't tell him that."

she adds the last bit with a laugh.

"It'd mean a lot to me if you could help me with that, surely if you hang with the Prince so often you might meet with him, or arrange something?"

Rolls:
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 6:11 pm

Eveline listens intently as Sarai lists all the kindred she's met. When she mentions the child Nosferatu Eveline looks clearly appalled, though. Appalled, but there is also something of an empathetic concern in there as well, as if she feels sorry for the cursed child.

"Well, you sure seem to have made a great effort to meet our fellow kindred, that's for sure." Eveline seems quite impressed. "And you sought them out only to introduce yourself?" (I don't know how to summon those hidden "Rolls:" things, but Eveline is trying to dig deeper into that specific question. Did a Wits/Subt roll: 3 sux)

Eveline interjects as Sarai seems to misunderstand "No, silly rabbit. I meant my tavern is something I bring to the table, so to speak. I'm aiming to make it quite a remarkable place, and should keep me with a steady flow of money. I know how to draw a crowd, as you might understand." The last part is accompanied with a mock fiendish tone. 

"No, I have yet to meet him, I'm afraid. They're often quite...stuffy...aren't they, the Tremere? I would be happy to introduce you to him, though. But I think It'd be best if I met him alone first, to learn what makes him tick, you know. I'll make plans of it right away." 

Eveline's eyes then narrow and after a short pause she adds "There is something you could do for me as well, maybe." Eveline stands up and goes into her bedroom and soon comes back with a package, which she puts on the table before sitting down again. 

"This was delivered to my door not long ago, and I do not know who sent it." She opens the lid and inside is what most likely is a dress in a red dark as wine, and black. It clearly looks like it could be a very beautiful one, even folded as it is, still, in its box. Under the dress - Eveline lifts it out and puts it in her lap - there is a golden necklace with a dark red ruby in the center of it. If Sarai understands jewelry at all, this is something royalty could wear. She lifts it up and turns the back of it to Sarai, revealing an engraving. It's a symbol, quite like those used to mark property...or cattle, even - and at the bottom of it one can read the letters "F.R". 

Eveline's face reveals rather mixed emotions to this. She seems both very impressed by the gift, but also not a little worried. 

"This...benefactor...knows I wanted that dress, even if I've never mentioned it to anyone. I really don't think it's the tailor, who'd be the only one seeing me ogle it it in his shop. Do those initials mean anything to you?" Eveline clearly hopes so.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 8:35 pm

(Eveline probably feel like there's more to it than simple introduction, but then again, when isn't there among kindred? She can't sense any overall plan to the meets. Judging by what she knows about her though, chances are she's checking for friends and foes, she did note who was a humanist or not.)

"F. R?" Sarai says out loud, and from the sound of it, she doesn't know them.

"Sorry, but, if you want to know that, you're asking the wrong person, Ludecke could read that stuff and learn more about it right?"

"Unless it's something you want to keep hidden?"

"I can try... hang on...F.. R..."
she seems to go it over in her mind. "No it doens't ring a bell"

"But listen, you're basically saying, it's someone who can obfuscate, or read minds, maybe both."

"Ask yourself, do you know anyone like that? I'd guess not, then among those whom you don't know, who of them have avoided you? It's probably them."

"It could be the paranoid Malkavian for all I know, we're good at crazy stalking, not so much with money though."
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 9:50 pm

"I don't know if you can feel it, but you can smell a hint of blood on it as well." Eveline smells it again to confirm it. Not a little unnerved by that detail in particular, she puts the necklage down on the table and the dress back in its box.

Turning back to Sarai, she says, sounding rather hopeful "Yes, Ludecke might be able to help with that. Well...no, I guess I don't mind Him knowing about it. I just don't want Him to see me as someone who has to be saved all the time. He has already helped me so much." Eveline's focus seems to wander away for a couple of seconds, before she snaps back. 

"Obfuscate...that would be the Nosferatu, right? Well, the obvious ones, at least. And I guess you don't even have to be that versed in its use, to be able to follow someone around without being noticed, right? Reading minds would shorten the list much more, I guess. To be able to read minds, you'd have to be very skilled in Auspex. Your clan also uses it, right?" Eveline goes silent for a moment, trying to piece everything together, but fails, of course. 

Sighing, she starts putting the expensive gifts back in the box. "The Prince would know of all the kindred in the region, of course. I guess I could start there." She looks back at the box with a hunger like a child trying to refrain from digging into a box of sweets would. "It's such a marvellous gift, though. ...but gifts are often not just gifts, and this one feels ladden with hidden implications." Eveline shakes her head as if taunted by the inanimate container. but then turns back to her guest with a rather forced smile

"But enough about that! It's not for a hostess to bring down the mood at her own event." She chuckles at that and actually seems to regain some of her former 'sunny' disposition. "So what would you bring to the table we're setting?"
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 12:13 am

Eveline can tell that Sarai too looks after the goods with some interest, is it greed? Or their sordid circumstance? Hard to tell with this woman.

"I see your point, I would not want to wear out my welcome with him either, and though I do not know who F.R is, I might still be able to help you.. if it smells of blood, there's a... actually that's not a bad idea at all." she says as she suddenly came to a realisation.

"Listen, it's either dipped in, or made from blood somehow, guess who can answer any and all questions about such things? Someone I'd like an introduction to, that's who."

"If that is kindred blood, the Tremere will be able to help you out, and if it is just human blood, some kind of grand gesture, well, then I guess you're out of luck..."

"But it's worth a try is it not?"

"I wish I could do more, but I think that's your best course of action for this little problem."

"What about that necklace? If it is as expensive and fancy as it seems, chances are that an expert could tell you more, if the blood turns out to be human I mean, trace where it comes from, and figure it out from there."

"I'm afraid there is no path that will grant you a quick answer, but then again, whoever put this together is probably aware of them all, and I doubt they will remain hidden for long, either it's a trigger of some kind, maybe a message, but something's coming right?"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 10:33 pm

"...Made from blood?? Like...blood magic?" Eveline, while still sitting, ever so slightly moves away from the box. After a moment's brooding silence she goes on - "But that would be a good reason to introduce myself to him...well, both of us, actually - if it's actually made with blood magic, surely he'll be pleased that we brought it to him for investigation? If it's not, I'll just lay on him my most pleasing demeanour, hopefully shaking some of that dust off of him."

"And yes, having the actual necklace examined is also a good idea. I know there are skilled jewelers here. Then it's settled! You'll join me when I go there? I hope to go there as soon as possible."

"Now see, we're already working together! Speaking of our collaboration, I know my strengths, and make no secret of them - I intend to become the hub of our domain's social aspects. Well...as much of a hub I can become in Ludecke's presence." She expells that loud sigh of frustration she so often makes when thinking about her Primogen. 

"Besides the advantages coming from owning a tavern, and being on very good terms with both the Prince and - so far - one of the Primogens, I know how to both draw a crowd and make it...see my perspective rather convincing. And I will only become better with time. So...what are you bringing into this?" Eveline's sunny disposition is in its zenith again, so it is very clear that the question isn't interrogative or born out of suspicion - she is merely curious.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 10:48 pm

Sarai rolls her eyes (in frustration?) and adds: "I know right, who gave him a right to be that charming?"

Sarai leans back a little, it's clear that she's thinking about her own reply.

"I can help, it's just really important to me that not too many knows the details on how."

"But as a partner, I am doing investigations, the Brujah wanted to find out if anyone is ripping off the people of encamp. If you want to make a good in with them, we could join forces with that, and try to see what we find, it's simple spy work, and you'll be able to ask where I cannot."

"But it needs to be done carefully, so that when we do discover something, they aren't aware, because that would ruin the impact."

"I got other things going on, and ways to make things happen."
she says enigmatically. "You're a humanist, and I'm not going to say you're a pushover, but at times, violence is the best solution, I can take care of that, and I've got experience to be discreet. Perhaps that's not what you need right now... but it's one of those things that's better to have and not need, than the opposite."

"With the added benefit, that your reputation remains clean, I'm sure I don't have to tell you the benefit thereof in the long term right?"
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 12:11 am

"I would love to help you finding the extortionist!" Eveline is clearly very excited at the prospect. "And yes, I see the benefit in having them on one's side. It does not always give result, but reading someone's aura lets me see a person's...current disposition, you could say. Whatever they show on the outside, I can see how they really feel about something - like fear if one should mention the thefts, for example."

Eveline is clearly envisioning things in her mind and adds "O, I'm so looking forward to this! And don't worry, I can be discrete, and not many fool me."

At Sarai's enigmatic statement Eveline merely assumes she's skilled in the shadier arts, so she lets it pass. "No, I wouldn't bet on myself in any fight, but I am aware that there are situations that require a more 'hands-on' approach. In that I think we really complement each other, don't you? I do, however, know my way around a revolver...to some degree. I don't own one, but I enjoyed practice shooting back in Marseille." Eveline looks a little proud that she - 'to some degree' - can contribute should push come to shove.

Then someone knocks on the door.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 12:47 am

Sarai nods, it's a frustrating thing, protecting herself with someone she's forming a bond with, but it's both strong hearts and bright minds needed here. Eveline can wait for the full reveal, in time she'll know enough.

Sarai seems pleased that Eveline takes the suggestion to work together to please the Brujah so well, they can have some fun with it, and it's all "good" meaning there's no risk, nobody could possibly get angry at them, after all it's the Brujah's domain, so they got every right to look after their kine.

"I'm glad you're excited, it should be a fun mission to undertake."

As it knocks at the door, she looks to Eveline, could this be tonight's snack arriving? She doesn't say anything, but rather takes Eveline's lead. The much nicer dress she has on, makes her a bit reminiscent of days past, they seem less now, which has the potential to put her in a mood, but she doesn't let it. So far things are going great.
Back to top Go down
Eveline Garnier
Neonate
Neonate
Eveline Garnier

Toreador
Played a Toreador

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 4:21 pm

Eveline quickly gets to her feet, clearly anxious to welcome their "guests", and is over by the door in a matter of seconds. She doesn't answer it immediately, though - the men risk becoming insufferable if you act too anxious for their company. 

She waits a good ten seconds before finally opening it, greeting the two promised young men. They exude eagerness, hope and nervousness, but let on a somewhat convincing play at that classic male confidence. Echoing each other, they greet Eveline as they enter her home, looking the place up and down until they reach the living room where the blonde northerner in her black dress awaits.

"Here they are!" Eveline presents them as if showing off a purchase she's particularly satisfied with, and then, turning to them with a look of patient anticipation, goading them wordlessly to introduce themselves. 

"Good evening, ladies!" the slightly more confident one says. "I am Auberon Albert, and this is my good friend Cyrille Mercier." They both bow in perfect synchronisation with their names. They're seemingly well mannered and probably rather well off, looking at their clothes and cleanliness. Their distinct sociolect also speak volumes.

While they make great effort in being perfect gentlemen, you don't have to be a psychic to see that they are eyeing the women back and forth, silently trying to decide between themselves who of them gets which woman, as if it's up to them.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Neonate
Neonate
Sarai

Malkavian
Played a Malkavian

Character Info
Health:
Blood points:
Willpower:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 11:30 pm

Sarai stays seated, wanting to let Eveline run her little scheme, she wonders if there will be much in terms of company, maybe she wishes to socialize with them first?

"Good evening." she says sounding less enthused than what the men probably hoped for.

As the men take off their overcoats (or whatever outerwear they have on) Sarai takes the chance to come closer to Cyrille, and takes her seat after getting suitably close. To him it's a show of intimacy, surely his hopes will go up when she so readily approaches him. She pikced the leasts confident though, because he might have reservations of his own. How else will it be a game? To her, it's a chance to get an idea of what's coming. They seem well-off and will probably taste just fine, but now that the physical hunt is missing, she has to get to know her prey differently. It does get her a bit excited, the thrill of playing the human is a game she had lots of fun with.

Seated in the sofa she nudges him and says with a smile: "Alright, how about we try to get to know each other, tell me something about yourself would you? I'm new here, so I hardly know anyone."

She keeps an eye on Eveline in case she has the idea to just feed straight away, truthfully, Sarai isn't hungry, but the beast is always hungry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night (after sunset)   Friday Night (after sunset) Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday Night (after sunset)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next